I recently read this great article from Sue Pelletier (@spelletier) where she wrote about her 10 new year’s resolutions for events and meetings. She lists such great things that I’ve been inspired to create my own list of resolutions. So, without further ado, here are my 2012 new year’s events resolutions…
- Make events greener by adopting at least 1 sustainable act per event (ex. reduce food waste, recycle decor, source local, limit garbage products)
- Enhance guest enjoyment by making events FUN and interactive
- Mesh online and offline seamlessly
- Focus on quality and not quantity
- Connect and build relationships with seasoned event professionals to learn from them and grow
My list may be small but I really wanted to focus on quality over quanity (wow, I’m already on a roll!). Plus, keeping my list smalls means I have a better chance of keeping them throughout the year.